My night skincare routine — FINALLY! Yay!
When it comes to my skin routine at night I always make sure to take extra time to do that because it’s just so bad for you and your skin to go to sleep with makeup on (Please do NOT ever do it! No matter how tired you are).
So here is what I do, step by step.
1. After taking off my contact lenses, I put some jojoba oil or Bioderma Crealine H2O (I know, I know, it’s not a clean product but it just takes off my eye makeup so nicely, ugh… However, I want to try UNE 3 in 1 Micellar Cleansing Water
, and as soon as I do, I’ll make sure to write a review on it).
2. Next, I wash my face with Jurlique Balancing Foaming Cleanser,
which I absolutely love. It not only clears out my skin of all makeup and impurities, but also leaves my skin hydrated and soft. It has some nice ingredients too, like Rosephip Oil, Ginkgo Biloba, and Marshmallow.
4. While my skin is still damp, I either put Rosephip Oil (the same one as in the morning) or when I have some ugly blemishes (I break out mostly on my chin), I put the most amazing product I have ever used, suki bio-active purifying face serum
, which is also the most expensive face product I have ever bought but trust me, it is SO worth it! I don’t use it every single day and you need the smallest amount, so it lasts a long time too. I’ve been using the same bottle since the beginning of March and I still have about 1/3 of it left. Since it’s such an amazing product and so expensive, let me tell you guys more about it.
It contains salicylic acid (BHA) standardized for 15% potency from white willow bark, which reduces inflammation and treats skin without drying or irritating it. Goldenseal and echinacea extracts prevent bacteria and oil production. It also contains natural retinol which is known to clarify skin by stimulating cell regeneration, in other words it keeps your pores clean, and last but not least, apple enzymes which help reduce acne scares (I have terrible acne scars on my chin and this serum really does help them to basically disappear or at least become much less visible).
You can check rave reviews on this serum everywhere online. Everyone who used it saw what a difference it makes to skin. Highly, HIGHLY recommended!
5. After letting that sink into my skin, I apply just a regular almond oil under my eyes instead of eye cream, and my another favourite product — Antipodes Avocado Pear Nourishing Night Cream
, with Manuka honey, which is known to be the most premium honey in the world, and avocado oil. I wake up with super soft and plump skin. The best night cream out there in my opinion. It was awarded many times too.
6. I finish off with brushing my teeth with Lavera or Green People toothpaste and I apply Dr. Lipp Nipple Balm For Lips, the name, I know! haha It’s because it was initially made for women who
breast-feed and have cracked nipples). This thing is amazing! For lips
it works as gloss and the best lip balm, much better than aquaphor,
and for any dry areas on face, hands, elbows, knees, etc. I tend to have
dry patches on my face,especially on my nose and it works wonders! On my
hands as well.
After all that I’m ready to go to bed and read some lovely non-fiction book (for some reason I’ve been more into non-fiction than fiction recently), or look for inspiration online on my iPad 🙂
Remember NOT to go to sleep right after putting your skincare products because it will all end up on your pillow. I highly recommend investing in silk pillowcase!
Tell me what is your night natural skincare routine 🙂